Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: 003-MS 44
Scope and Contents Correspondence. Consists of letters from recipients of his book "Osceola in the War of the Rebellion" and other works. Includes comments relating to the American Civil War.
Identifier: 003-MS 34
Scope and Contents Diary describes the daily activities of Adam Geist from Feb. 1 to May 3, 1863, a period just prior to Geist's enlistment in the Pennsylvania Militia. Includes entries on events relating to the American Civil War.
Identifier: 003-MS 72
Scope and Contents Diary contains daily accounts of the activities of an enlisted soldier serving in the 173rd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment from Oct. 23, 1862 to Aug. 18, 1863. Entries include descriptions of camp life, military training, fortifications around Suffolk and Norfolk, Va., surveillance expeditions, forced marches and commentaries on the people and places Cameron encountered while on duty.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract Correspondence (1861), list of pupils (1839), map (1802), photograph album.
Collection — Box: 1 folder
Scope and Contents Three letters written by James Logan of Gallatin County, Ill. to his brother, William, of Mount Joy, Lancaster County, Pa. Correspondence mentions large numbers of "refugees coming from the Southern States," problems with housing, and the excessive price of food and farm products.
Collection — Box: Box 1
Identifier: 003-MS 57
Scope and Contents Handwritten manuscript of Bassler's address, "Reminiscences of the first day's fighting at Gettysburg," delivered at Albright Collegiate Institute, 1895 June, a reprint of a letter by General Roy Stone concerning the regimental colors of the 149th Pa. Volunteers at Gettysburg that appeared in Bassler's, "The color episode of the 149th regiment Pennsylvania Volunteers in the first day's fight at Gettysburg, July 1st, 1863," and a letter from Camp McNeil to Peter Stoudt concerning new colonies of...
Abstract Civil War diary of Private John D. Matthews of the 195th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment (Oct. 20, 1865-Feb. 2, 1866), letters from family members and friends (Nov. 1864-Jan. 1866), printed ballad memorializing the deeds of the 195th Pennsylvania Volunteers.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. X
- Bassler, John H. 1
- Bassler, John H., 1834- 1
- Cameron, Henry W. 1
- Cameron, Henry W., 1828- Diaries. 1
- Dolanbahn, Cyrus -- Correspondence. 1
- Geist, Adam 1
- Geist, Adam, b. 1839. 1
- Harmer, Amos 1
- Logan, James 1
- Logan, James -- Correspondence. 1
- Logan, William -- Correspondence. 1
- Matthews family. 1
- Matthews, John D. 1
- Matthews, Joseph D., 1842- -- Correspondence. 1
- Matthews, Joseph M., 1815- -- Correspondence. 1
- Matthews, Lydia A. -- Correspondence. 1
- Norfolk (Va.) -- History 1
- Tubbs, Charles 1
- Tubbs, Charles, 1843-1913. 1
- Tweed, William 1
- Tweed, William, 1842- -- Correspondence. 1
- Witmer, George K. Catalogue of pupils 1
- Witmer, Henry Herr 1
- Witmer, Henry Herr, 1844- -- Correspondence. 1
- Witmer, Ira D. 1
- Witmer, Ira D., 1844- -- Correspondence. 1 ∧ less